26 Aug Production Manager
The Production Manager will be responsible for accomplishing department objectives by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, coaching, counseling and disciplining employees accordingly. Production Manager will work closely with other team members to ensure a safe working environment, manage throughput efficiencies, and improve workers craftsmanship, knowledge and adherence to product specifications and perpetually increasing employee’s morale.
Core Function: Accomplishing Department Objectives
Organize and maintain an effective work flow by monitoring and setting processing variables, monitoring staff, completing production plans by scheduling and properly coordinating with all four department (Butchers, Bagger, Pack Off and Case Ready) to achieve daily tasks.
Core Function: Health & Safety of the workforce
Assist in the understanding and development to the importance of safety compliance in the workplace and implement safe practices. Hold monthly meetings to increase employee’s safety awareness.
Core Function: HACCP/USDA Compliance
Assist in the understanding and following of all GMP’s & USDA-FSIS regulations. Work closely with Quality Assurance on any non-compliance issues.
Core Function: Personnel Development
Teach, coach, counsel and mentor staff on efficient & effective processing techniques to develop individual’s knowledge and skill. Ensure new employees are oriented to the organization, its policies and facility by holding regularly monthly staff meetings.
Core Function: Maintain Transparent Communication
Appropriately communicate organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, appropriate emails and/or interpersonal communication.
Core Function: Teamwork
Unity among department members to allow for expeditious conflict resolution and working effectively together to enable each employee and the department to succeed.
- Maintain a high level of dependability and work ethic.
- Daily start-up procedures
- Implement actions & strategies to achieve a high level of productivity.
- Short-term & Long-term goal setting.
- Introduction & procedures for all new product.
- Ensure proper personal training.
- Delegate work load.
- Coordinate daily start-up procedures.
- Control wasteful practices within fabrication.
- Reduce overtime to a 10% or under.
- Optimize trim collection.
- Conduct yield tests as required.
- Oversee all paperwork including approving or denying disciplinary action forms.
- Check & correct employees daily/weekly time reports as needed.
Address Daily Production Issues:
- Work orders
- Employees issues
- Equipment/Machine issues
- Product specification
- Quality of product
- Outside cardboard
- Wash down of North dock
- Dealing with material shortages – boxes, bags, net, soaker pads, etc.
- Box labeler/Aspen system in sealer room
- Condensation on pipes
- Implementation of carry over product/program
- Traceability of daily material usage